Friday, January 4, 2008

Gaffey Street House - San Pedro

Gaffey Street House - San PedroGaffey Street House - San PedroGaffey Street House - San PedroGaffey Street House - San PedroGaffey Street House - San Pedro

As far as I'm concerned, this is the prettiest house in San Pedro. It has the best view of the harbor outlet. The authentic weather-beaten wood exterior reeks of New England or Mendocino. Look at that masonry on the front and the fireplace. What craftsmanship! Look at that pre-war garage in the back. It probably housed or houses not only a garage, but a workshop. But that's the Norman Rockwell in me.

I took these pictures on film and over a year ago. I don't know what this house looks like today because I haven't been to San Pedro since my Gardena-based mother passed away last year. I just hope someone hasn't demolished it and built up yet another mcmansion. But that's the sentimentalist in me.

No comments: