Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Miceli's on Las Palmas - Hollywood

Miceli's on Las Palmas - HollywoodMiceli's on Las Palmas - HollywoodMiceli's on Las Palmas - HollywoodMiceli's on Las Palmas - Hollywood

My wife, a native Californian raised in the Fairfax and Carthay Circle, tells me she used to go to Miceli's as a kid with her family. We've been going there since we lived together on Cochran Avenue just south of 3rd street. Upon your arrival at a table at Miceli's, you are greeted with the most supple white rolls, steaming hot, with iced butter of course. The pizzas are flawless. The meatballs taste like mom palmed their creation. We like the antipasto salad. The new house wine is more tasty than any Trader Joe's wine under $10. Once, around 1989 I think, I remember being here with playful friends and slightly intoxicated. I must have been intoxicated because I remember standing on a chair and singing HOORAY FOR CAPTAIN SPAULDING. Thank god they don't remember me. I can still get a table.

No comments: