Saturday, February 6, 2010

Walkabout: 9000 Sunset

On My Walkabout:

Once upon a time, I worked here too. I was single then. I remember one evening after work I met a young woman my age at the elevator. We shared the same floor and had spoken briefly before. I forget what we were talking about, but it became obvious we liked each other and as we began our elevator ride together I considered asking her for a drink at the Hamlet. However, fate was cruel to me that day. Before we reached the lobby, she said something to me that ruined the romance. By the time, we entered the parking garage, we were already saying goodnight. What was the subject? I'm not going to tell you. But ask yourself this question: what would a person have to say during an elevator ride to turn you off from them?

Is that the Hustler store down there? Notice the traffic is still rotten.

No comments: